About the Artist

My photo
I just love crafting, the messier the better. Have been crafting all my days but in the last 16 years have been doing more and more. My obsession began with making cards and from there I have tried many different forms of crafting. Great fan of Tim_Holtz love all his products would love to own them all one day. Graphic 45 is another must have for me and again would love to have it all. And then there is Prima well what can a girl say, just simply stunningly beautiful. Really enjoying the vintage, shabby chic and steampunk styles which are very much in vogue at the minute. Love Lace and Pearl trim, you might be seeing a fair bit of it all on here. xx Please keep calling past and enjoy my crafting journey with me. Great Big Huge Hugs Becca xxx

Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

CRAFTY-EMBLIES

BRAND NEW CHALLENGE BLOG HAS GONE LIVE!!!!

Yes folks I am really really excited to let you know that Crafty Emblies New Challenge Blog has gone live this morning.  Please click on the link below to come over and join in with us



This is my first DT project


This is a Paper Mache photo frame. I coloured the frame using Tim Holtz Distress Inks Mown Lawn and Vintage Photo then spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Antique Green. I trimmed the frame up using some cream lace trim and added some pearl strings in ivory to the inside rim.
 



The Crafty-Emblies lovelyness I coloured the leaves using Tim Holtz Distress Inks Mown Lawn, Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmalade to give the leaves some depth of colour then glazed them with some crackle accents. The Emblies flowers I coloured using Dew Drop Crimson Copper and Pink Petunia. I added a couple of pearl and gold bead butterflies and some paper roses. The leftover flower and butterfly stems I twisted and added spirals here and there just to add a little more dimension.


Crafty Emblies is offering a £10 Voucher to the winner to spend 
on their wonderful Crafty Emblies loveliness  

Thank you for stopping by, please come over and join in

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

8 comments:

cheryl said...

hi Hun,this is stunning,love the detail on this just amazing hugs Cherylxxx

Unknown said...

Such gorjuss stunning work, thank you so much for being a part of crafty-emblies, im so proud to have you on the team xx

Beccalite said...

Thank you Cheryl for your kind comment. I just love working with these Crafty-Emblies they are so lush. Have lots more to play with and create.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

Beccalite said...

Judie I am honoured to be part of it, you and Pete have created such wonderful Emblies and I love them all. Ordered and can't wait for my second box to arrive :-)

Thank you so so much for asking me to be part of it with you all.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

Dannii said...

Beautiful project, you have truly shown how versatile these wooden shapes can be. Stunning detail, great work x

Jenny Marples said...

Such a clever use for these little wooden works of art. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, i love what you create.

Angela said...

Hi Rebecca, just love this fabulous altered frame. It's amazing what you've done to revitalise and old frame.

Brilliant!
Ax